Show more

Dear Lazyweb. Is it possible to a web docment with both US and British English spellings in it? Will the browser display one or the other based on the users personal locale?

They said it was impossible to have open source 3d graphics yet here is another step forward supporting another chip set. I still hope one day we'll get to the point when devices needing mysterious binary blobs running on your CPU will be the weird ones no one wants to touch.

Show thread

RT @Collabora@twitter.com

What's better than ending the week on a high note? meets @GNOME@twitter.com, runs every scene in glmark2-es2 (plays 3D games like Neverball), now supports & @KodiTV@twitter.com, & more! Onward & upward to zero graphics blobs! openfir.st/vp54n

🐦🔗: twitter.com/Collabora/status/1

RT @AntonyJohnston@twitter.com

As some of you know, I’ve been working on a big videogame for almost 2 years now.

In totally unrelated news, you should all watch the PS5 launch event on Thursday.

🧐

🐦🔗: twitter.com/AntonyJohnston/sta

Even using a grep is surprisingly slow while going through the entire history of .

I have to say is a pleasingly dark comedy.

We now have multiple cultures each with slightly different diets. What's going on?

Alex boosted

I appreciated this video because he is articulate, insightful, and talks about how to improve the world in a more subtle way than you may have heard before.

youtube.com/watch?v=o-_WXXVye3

RT @khalafroula@twitter.com

How much will remain the same after the pandemic, a Must Read from @timharford@twitter.com

on.ft.com/30gR14t

🐦🔗: twitter.com/khalafroula/status

An excellent write-up from the FT who have been digging through all the SAGE documents.

RT @izakaminska@twitter.com

I went through the recently released SAGE minutes so you don’t have to, seeking explanations for some of the odder bits of UK govt that are hard to rationalise ftalphaville.ft.com/2020/06/01

🐦🔗: twitter.com/izakaminska/status

ok super proud as they have just come up with a partition sort solution 😃

Show thread

I've just realised as we are working through "understanding number" with my eldest we are alternating between bubble and insertion sort techniques.

RT @George_Osborne@twitter.com

As an ex junior opposition whip, I’d say you could end the stupid new voting system if a couple of MPs called 10 divisions in a row and forced the government to stand in line for a whole day - the legendary David Maclean and Eric Forth used to do it to New Labour all the time

🐦🔗: twitter.com/George_Osborne/sta

"wearable holographic nano-layer catalyser", "process of quantum oscillation" and other seemingly science sounding phrases for what is essentially a con. Slightly disturbing that a councillor was a proponent of it.

RT @poggs@twitter.com

Thank you, @PenTestPartners@twitter.com!

bbc.com/news/technology-528102

🐦🔗: twitter.com/poggs/status/12659

One of the problems with is so much sh*t being flung around in the pile on that allows people to confirm their personal biases. We'll end up with 60% of material being dismissed as fake news without forensic analysis of the remaining 40% of substantial facts.

Show thread

RT @isthisnetaken@twitter.com

There’s another conspiracy theory going around that Alice Cummings, the director of IDOX – the company awarded the track & trace contract – is the sister of Dom Cummings

She isn’t – let’s look at the facts using only public domain data
1/6

🐦🔗: twitter.com/isthisnetaken/stat

Should I take the plunge and convert my blog into a static site as I migrate to the new web server?

I write words as well as code these days....

RT @LinaroOrg@twitter.com

Check out our latest blogs, which feature the caching server that Linaro has recently developed ow.ly/eSxN50zNuk3 and a great article on linaro.org/blog/virtio-work from Alex Bennée.

🐦🔗: twitter.com/LinaroOrg/status/1

Show more
Mastodon.org.uk

General purpose mastodon instance